Friday, March 28, 2014

Learnt something about myself today #growth

Feeling duh... right now but I still have life enough to write. Been feeling like I need a change for a while now. I’ve had a few months of emotions of patriotism and stuff. I just feel like I’m done ranting and expecting everybody and everything to be 'proper'. In a lighter mood, I will switch to the rewarding lesson of today.

I participated in a session today that required making a storyboard from magazine rips and cuts that were self-picked. After that was ‘show & tell’ time and while my storyboard appealed to some, my telling didn’t quite come out right. I have since ditched the disappointment of the bashed expectation, well, sort of. (But if that was true, I wouldn’t be talking about it here again, would I?) 

I’m reflecting on how the need to get out of the spotlight overpowers and steals the opportunity to say something that may inspire someone or even myself. I’m in denial that I’m shy but I agree that I do get uncomfortable in front of a crowd. But I want to have a go at changing that. 

Now that I’m aware of this pattern, I’m hoping to develop a habit of remembering to make good the practice of writing out my speech/presentation on paper before actually giving it. I fussed a few weeks ago also when I had to give a 'formal' presentation on something I know so well. And I may have to do another presentation for peeps in a couple of weeks!

Hmmmm.... what to do now? I think I better start cracking on my act!

No comments:

Followers